Harebrained Schemes currently has the following positions open. Please read the job descriptions carefully and follow the directions below to apply.
Harebrained Schemes is looking for a talented networking and backend infrastructure engineer. Any potential candidate needs to be experienced and have intimate knowledge of networking and client/server technologies. If your favorite bedtime stories as a child were written by W. Richard Stevens about slaying the nefarious Lagbeast, we’d love to talk to you.
This is a full-time, on-site position at Harebrained Schemes’ offices in Kirkland, Washington.
What You’ll Do
- Implement game network transports ensuring reliability, responsiveness, and quality of service.
- Integrate with deployment platform network services.
- Synchronize game state across multiple simulations.
- Ensure multiplayer user experience quality.
- Integrate with or create backend services to manage player and game data.
- Assist as a generalist game programmer where needed.
- Work with code re-usability and extensibility in mind.
- Assist in scheduling and task estimation where relevant.
- Maintain code performance.
- 3+ years experience working in the games industry.
- Expert in socket programming.
- Expert in Linux/UNIX operating systems.
- Expert in HTTP and REST API calls.
- Familiar with scalable backend infrastructure (load balancing, fault tolerance, etc).
- Familiar with modern cryptographic methods (Digests, Hashing, etc).
- Fluent in C/C++/C#.
- Familiar with Unity.
- Familiar with SQL and noSQL databases.
- Familiar with HTML tools/languages (jQuery, AJAX, etc).
- Familiar with Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS) or AWS.
- Experience developing with Steam, GOG, Playstation, or Xbox.
WANT TO APPLY?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume, contact information, and the name of the position you’re applying for.