Harebrained Schemes currently has the following positions open. Please read the job descriptions carefully and follow the directions below to apply.
Harebrained Schemes is looking for a talented networking and backed infrastructure engineer to work on our upcoming game, Necropolis. Any potential candidate needs to be experienced and have intimate knowledge of networking and client/server technologies. If your favorite bedtime stories as a child were written by W. Richard Stevens about slaying the nefarious Lagbeast, we’d love to talk to you.
- 3+ years experience working in the games industry
- Expert in socket programming
- Expert in Linux/unix operating systems
- Expert in HTTP and REST API calls
- Familiar with scalable backend infrastructure (load balancing, fault tolerance, etc)
- Familiar with modern cryptographic methods (Digests, Hashing, etc)
- Fluent in C/C++/C#
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiar with Unity
- Familiar with SQL and noSQL databases
- Familiar with HTML tools/languages (jQuery, AJAX, etc)
- Familiar with AWS
WANT TO APPLY?
Email email@example.com. Please include your resume, contact information, and the name of the position you’re applying for.
Harebrained Schemes seeks an experienced 3D Environment Artist to join the Necropolis team! For this position, we’re looking for someone who loves to make (and play) games, and has a devoted passion to 3D art. We’re a small team of passionate game-makers, dedicated to crafting fun new experiences across a variety of platforms and genres, and we hope to find someone with a matching attitude. To be considered for this position, candidates must have development experience with Maya, Unity, and Photoshop. Local applicants only, relocation/telecommunication is not available.
- Work directly with the Art Director to maintain a low-poly visual style for Necropolis.
- Drive the creation of 3D game environments to be used with Unity.
- Work closely with our engineering team to maintain the modular environment system pipeline.
- Act as a point of contact for the environment team, and be able to answer questions about the team’s progress.
- Create low-poly 3D assets that can be efficiently re-used, reconfigured, and plugged-in to a modular system.
- 2+ years as an Environment Artist/3D Modeler in game development.
- Shipped 2+ games that were built using Unity and targeted for PC or Console release.
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Photoshop, and Unity.
- Experience with shaders, lighting, and FX within Unity.
- Can easily translate 2D concepts into 3D models.
- Takes note of development blockers, and works to implement efficient solutions for the environment team.
- Is organized and able to identify, and prioritize, work that needs to be done.
- Thorough understanding of artistic principles including: color, value, lighting, composition, creating focus, atmospheric perspective.
- Able to work with technical constraints, creates assets with consideration for batch count, texture sizes, and atlasing.
- Exhibits great follow-through when delivering environment pieces, nothing is half implemented.
NICE TO HAVE
- Prior experience creating art for procedurally generated environments.
- Experience with node-based shader editors. (Shader Forge, etc.)
WANT TO APPLY?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume, contact information, and the name of the position you’re applying for. Art candidates must also include a direct link to their portfolio site (or ArtStation etc.) showcasing your best environment art. Please do not include PDFs or attachments for your portfolio, unless it’s specifically to show unreleased work.