Shadowrun: Dragonfall

Hey All!

We’re excited to announce the title of the new Berlin expansion, Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Check out all the details as well as the game’s logo and a cool new illustration to go with it below!

dragonfallKeyArt

BERLIN. The Flux-State: a stable anarchy enforced by an ever-shifting coalition of megacorps, political factions, and savvy power players. A place where almost anything goes and the right connections can be the difference between success and starvation. Dangerous jobs abound and there’s no better place to earn a quick payday – provided you live long enough to spend it. For you and your team of battle-scarred runners, it’s just another day in the Free City of Berlin.

But a new threat is rising, one that could mean untold chaos and devastation. The only clue: whispers of the DRAGONFALL, a long-forgotten event from the earliest days of the Awakened world. As you find yourself drawn into a maze of veiled dangers and strange machinations, you will come face-to-face with a grim spectre of the past… and alter the course of Berlin’s future.

dragonfallLogoSplash

SHADOWRUN: DRAGONFALL FEATURES

• Experience a New Full-Length Campaign: Return to the “Tech meets Magic” future of Shadowrun as you and your team of runners get drawn into a treacherous conspiracy. Operating out of an offbeat central hub neighborhood, you’ll choose which missions to accept and how you’ll approach them while navigating the dark underbelly of “the Flux”.
  • An Exciting New Locale: Shadowrun: Dragonfall transports runners to the Free City of Berlin, a thrilling Shadowrun setting full of gorgeous new hi-res environments, a diverse new cast of characters, and a new soundtrack by the composer of the original Sega Genesis Shadowrun game, Sam Powell.
  • Command Your Team: Lead a small team of shadowrunners, each with their own outlook and backstory. Each member of your team is designed to play an interesting role during missions and has a unique set of skills, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
  • New Weapons, Cyberware, Enemies & More: Try your hand at the long-range sniper rifle, devastating grenade launcher, or stun-inducing taser. Chrome yourself out in the latest cyberware and take on deadly new enemies – including new magical creatures like gargoyles and fire drakes. Dragonfall brings a host of new items, characters, portraits, and improvements to the Shadowrun Returns experience.
  • Save Anywhere: You can save your progress at any time during the game. This functionality will also be added to the original Shadowrun Returns “Dead Man’s Switch” campaign.
  • New Game Editor Features: A wide range of enhancements to the game editor for community content creators – including a scripting system to better control lighting, tracking mission objectives in the main game UI, placing exploding barrels, and allowing players to input keypad passwords and custom text strings in conversations. In addition, content creators will be able to use all of the new Berlin environment art, items and characters in their own stories along with assets from the original Shadowrun Returns campaign.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall will be released January 2014 for Windows, OSX, and Linux and will be free to Backers who will get the same number of Steam keys received for the original game via our Backer website.  (Details about getting the DRM-free version will come in a future update.)

Dragonfall will launch at $14.99 and we’ll also release the Shadowrun Campaign Pack on the same day. The campaign pack contains the original game and the Dragonfall expansion in one package for only $24.99. We think it’s a great way to get new players into Shadowrun.

And finally, here’s a new wallpaper for y’all. We can’t wait to show you more Dragonfallover the next two months!

Talk to you soon,

HBS

Dragonfall Wallpaper 1920x1200 (Click for full-size image)

Dragonfall Wallpaper 1920×1200 (Click for full-size image)

Shadowrun: Dragonfall Wallpaper 16:10 | 1920×1200 | 1680×1050 | 1440×900 | 1280×800

Shadowrun: Dragonfall Wallpaper 16:9 | 1920×1080 | 1600×900 | 1366×768 | 1280×720

Shadowrun: Dragonfall Wallpaper 4:3 | 1600×1200 | 1024×768

31 Responses to “Shadowrun: Dragonfall”

1. Rick
    November 19, 2013 at 10:07 am #

What about people that pre-ordered the game instead of backing on kick-starter? I don’t use credit/debit cards or bank accounts so I can’t back things on kick-starter, I simply pre-order them as soon as possible.

2. Adrian Wood
    November 19, 2013 at 10:14 am #

As someone else who preordered, expect the answer to be: so? The Kickstarter backers raised the money to actually get the game developed, getting a little extra is a thank you to them for doing that. We just gave a distributor a bit of cash early to beat the rush.

3. Johnny
    November 19, 2013 at 10:47 am #

Will it not be on IOS?????

• RobinHBS
      November 20, 2013 at 1:09 pm #

Hey, Johnny –

Yes, we plan to release on iOS – probably not at launch although that’s still being decided.

4. Mitchell
    November 19, 2013 at 3:18 pm #

This is what shadowrun returns needed at launch. Still a really fun game, and amazingly bug free. At least my playthrough is. Not being able to save where I want, and not having a stock team I can level and customize sucks though. Pumped about this expansion, definitely going to be getting it.

• Nick
      December 8, 2013 at 5:12 pm #

I disagree that not having a team to level up and customize sucks. I like focusing on myself and viewing NPCs as just that, other characters within the universe that take care of themselves.

5. Not of this World!
    November 19, 2013 at 5:29 pm #

Awesome, glad to hear it. As a kickstarter backer I look forward to seeing where it goes after this as well! Thanks from a proud Kickstarter backer

6. Joe
    November 19, 2013 at 5:51 pm #

Oh man…I’m inordinately excited about this announcement. Loved the original campaign in Returns. Can’t wait until January now!

7. Sazia
    November 19, 2013 at 9:45 pm #

Be launch on iOS?!

8. Alexey
    November 20, 2013 at 4:49 am #

What about Android version?

• RobinHBS
      November 20, 2013 at 1:10 pm #

Yes, we plan to release on tablet although likely not at launch. That’s still being decided.

9. Angdagnir
    November 20, 2013 at 7:47 am #

Will it have an option to take your character from Deadman’s Switch over into it?

• RobinHBS
      November 20, 2013 at 5:36 pm #

The game is designed to be fun and challenging when played with a new character.

10. Kill-city
    November 20, 2013 at 12:42 pm #

Great work guys keep it up, you’ve done excellent post-release work on the game.

11. Luis Mendes
    November 20, 2013 at 5:13 pm #

I pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition through the Harebrained Schemes site. Are Pre-Orders considered “backers”?

• RobinHBS
      November 20, 2013 at 5:41 pm #

No, they are different.

12. Thomas
    November 20, 2013 at 5:25 pm #

Assuming the save anywhere feature ultimately works, will it be available for user generated stuff? I ask because, if there is a chance it will, I will hold off on making my planned UGC, to avoid the crazy scripting needed to carry information across scenes, until the expansion arrives. Whole new doors will open up with a save anywhere feature.

• RobinHBS
      November 20, 2013 at 5:42 pm #

Yes it will be!

13. Shane
    November 22, 2013 at 6:37 am #

Sounds awesome! Are there also plans for a deluxe edition to get the soundtrack with this version as well?

14. Fox Shaman
    November 22, 2013 at 4:19 pm #

any chance to see fox totem or Kitsune race????
    still waiting Fox totem (player shaman) or Kitsune…. before i’m buying this game…. or else i wait to next expanion or update…

15. Brandon
    November 25, 2013 at 8:25 pm #

If its a Standalone Expansion, does that mean that the mods for Shadowrun Returns & Such wont be compatible?

hopefully this is not the case, as with the trend of things, Once dragonfall is out, “Returns” wont be a big thing anymore…and everyone will be trying to mod up Dragonfall or whatever.

anyway, anyone has any info on this a reply would be great! Thank you

• Robin
      November 26, 2013 at 9:13 am #

Good news – it’s not a stand alone expansion and everything will be compatible.

16. Sichr
    November 26, 2013 at 9:42 am #

Goood. Finaly shadows move closer to us in Europe. I love the wallpaper and I keep my fingers crossed for this to be great shadowrun experience even beyound DeadMans switch. I am a bit diappointed by the fact I wont be able to import my character, well…that doesnt seem to be the problem at all if the content is great. Thank you guys. Yes, I am looking at you, Grizzled veteran… :)

17. Daegann
    November 26, 2013 at 2:16 pm #

How about the French localisation ?
    Is there any plan to do it for Dragonfall ?
    And for Dead man Switch, is there any news ?

thx

• Daegann
      November 30, 2013 at 2:38 am #

Any reply ?

• Daegann
        December 5, 2013 at 12:38 pm #

OK, thanks for the intel

18. Xodarap777
    November 27, 2013 at 12:30 am #

Will there be rebalancing, similar to what has already been seen for physical adepts? I’ve played quite a bit with DMS and UGC and there are *clear* differences in capability between the classes and types – beyond tactical tastes. Most glaring are the punishing mechanics for shamans’ summoning, and relatively weak casting (spirits seem to break far more often than indicated; totems are expensive; top-tier drones vastly outshine for fewer invested karma; etc.). On the other end of the spectrum, street samurai are relative “easy mode,” despite their apparent relative lack of tactical versatiliy.

• RobinHBS
      November 27, 2013 at 12:27 pm #

We are definitely working on some general balancing to the skill tracks where appropriate. Thanks for asking!

19. RB
    November 27, 2013 at 8:43 am #

great! I’m almost done with the first campaign. Let me tell you, there is nothing more frustrating on a portable game than not being able to quicksave whenever I need to. Some scenes take near a half hour to complete. Glad that’s being fixed. I’ll be ordering this off of the Google Play store the moment I know it’s there LOL.

(I still have a bunch of the RPG shadowrun books, was using them to try to do a D20 Modern campaign…nerds represent!)

20. Davnoctu
    December 4, 2013 at 8:12 am #

Hoi!

I loved shadowrun since I first heard of it. I read a number of the novels, and I even bought a ton of the sourcebooks for the tabletop around 200 dollars worth. (which I never played after) I’m really excited to play the new one, so glad you guys breathed life into the dying product.

21. MADeslongchamps
    December 9, 2013 at 5:58 am #

I’ve just finished DMS and thought it was amazing. I’m already thinking about a second playthrough and can’t wait for Dragonfall.

That being said, can we expect more ‘official’ campaigns from Harebrained coming in ?

I’m betting that if you’d start another Kickstarter campaign to fund new adventures using the tool’s you’ve already mastered, the community would be very generous :)