Harebrained Schemes is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive development team, and to creating game experiences for a diverse gaming community. People of all gender identities, sexual orientations, cultures, ethnicities, and religions – who share our commitment to inclusivity and respect – are welcome here. We have a healthy, positive, supportive place for you. When job openings are available we encourage women, minorities, and LGBTQ community members to apply.
Harebrained Schemes currently has the following positions open. Please read the job descriptions carefully and follow the directions below to apply.
What You'll DoAs an IT Administrator at Harebrained Schemes, you’ll be responsible for company technology infrastructure, hardware maintenance, software licensing, and working with our team to make sure everyone has the right tools to be as efficient and productive as they can be! If you love configuring networks, tearing apart computers (and putting them back together even better), and organizing a myriad of technology pieces that help a company run smoothly, this might be a good opportunity for you! This is a full-time, onsite position working with the Tech and Production teams in Kirkland, WA.
- Windows/Linux/OSX administration and shell scripting/automation
- Ability to install, maintain, administrate Atlassian products. Specifically Jira and Bitbucket
- Familiarity with git, Unity, and Google Suite
- Some web administration experience, including network configuration
- Client side hardware, software, and licensing administration
- Organization skills and high attention to detail
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Being able to trace down to the root of a complex problem.
- You can take direction and turn on a dime when priorities change, all with a cool head and a smile on your face.
- You understand how to work with a small team in a close space, when to engage and when to not distract - you contribute to a productive environment.
- C# and Python experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Shadowrun, BattleTech, and other HBS titles.
- Perforce administration
Harebrained Schemes is looking to hire a generalist Unity engineer to help finish up remaining features and bug fixing for our upcoming BattleTech game.
This is a full time, on-site position at Harebrained Schemes’ offices in Kirkland, Washington.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a generalist gameplay programmer in C# for Unity.
- Collaborate with the design, engineering, and production teams to maximize your contributions.
- Provide realistic task estimations based on your own ability.
- You have a healthy amount of experience as a professional game programmer, including at least two shipped titles and professional Unity development experience.
- You are highly competent working in C# and comfortable with other scripting/programming languages.
- You are capable of writing modular, maintainable code.
- You are comfortable picking up existing systems as well as effectively handing off your own work to other as needed.
- You have a broad knowledge of game technologies and tools.
- You have good communication skills and are excited to work with others in a highly-collaborative, fun, and agile environment.
- You’ve shipped a modern Unity title.
- A passion for turn-based tactical games - prior BattleTech experience is a plus!