Harebrained Schemes is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive development team, and to creating game experiences for a diverse gaming community. People of all ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, cultures, ethnicities, and religions – who share our commitment to inclusivity and respect – are welcome here. We have a healthy, positive, supportive place for you. When job openings are available we encourage women, minorities, and LGBTQ community members to apply.
Harebrained Schemes currently has the following positions open. Please read the job descriptions carefully and follow the directions below to apply.
Multiplayer Networking Engineer
Harebrained Schemes is looking for a talented networking and backend infrastructure engineer. Any potential candidate needs to be experienced and have intimate knowledge of networking and client/server technologies. If your favorite bedtime stories as a child were written by W. Richard Stevens about slaying the nefarious Lagbeast, we’d love to talk to you.
This is a full-time, on-site position at Harebrained Schemes’ offices in Kirkland, Washington.
What You'll Do
- Implement game network transports ensuring reliability, responsiveness, and quality of service.
- Integrate with deployment platform network services.
- Synchronize game state across multiple simulations.
- Ensure multiplayer user experience quality.
- Work within a complex functional existing codebase to improve and create additional functionality without always re-writing / re-factoring.
- Integrate with or create backend services to manage player and game data.
- Assist as a generalist game programmer where needed.
- Work with code re-usability and extensibility in mind.
- Assist in scheduling and task estimation where relevant.
- Maintain code performance.
- 3+ years experience working in the games industry in a networking/multiplayer implementation position.
- Expert in socket programming.
- Expert in Linux/UNIX operating systems.
- Expert in HTTP and REST API calls.
- Familiar with scalable backend infrastructure (load balancing, fault tolerance, etc).
- Familiar with modern cryptographic methods (Digests, Hashing, etc).
- Fluent in C/C++/C#.
- Familiar with Unity.
- Familiar with SQL and noSQL databases.
- Familiar with HTML tools/languages (jQuery, AJAX, etc).
- Familiar with Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS) or AWS.
- Experience developing with Steam, GOG, and other PC distribution platforms.