Harebrained Schemes is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive development team, and to creating game experiences for a diverse gaming community. People of all gender identities, sexual orientations, cultures, ethnicities, and religions – who share our commitment to inclusivity and respect – are welcome here. We have a healthy, positive, supportive place for you. When job openings are available we encourage women, minorities, and LGBTQ community members to apply.
Harebrained Schemes currently has the following positions open. Please read the job descriptions carefully and follow the directions below to apply.
Senior Environment Artist, Unity (Contract)
What You'll DoThe BattleTech team is looking for a talented environment artist with strong 3D modeling and texture painting chops. We're looking for an individual that is creative, self-motivated, and loves working as part of a team. If you feel like you have the skillset that would make you a good addition to our environment art team, we would love to hear from you and see your portfolio of work. Onsite at our Kirkland office is preferred, 3-4 month contract. Responsibilities:
- Model and texture naturalistic terrain and organic game assets including collision and LODs.
- Ensure visual consistency and quality of created assets.
- Use natural environment cues to help sell scale.
- Understand memory and frame-rate budgets and work within those constraints.
- Receive feedback and modify work based on direction.
- Work with the Lead Environment Artist and Designers to establish the overall look of game maps and assets.
- Expert understanding of Maya or Blender, Photoshop, Mudbox, Z-brush or equivalent.
- Expert understanding of generating normal maps from high poly models.
- Expert understanding of natural terrain formation and sculpting.
- Expertise in low and hi-poly modeling for video games.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Advanced understanding of Unity.
- Proficient in texture creation with Photoshop, Substance Designer, or equivalent.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and deliver work in a timely manner.
- Strong belief in a team-based approach.
- 5+ years of relevant game development experience.
- Familiarity with BattleTech.
- Past experience authoring environments for a strategy game.