Based in Kirkland, Washington
September 1, 2011
Press / Business Contact:
February 5, 2015
Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition is the definitive version of Shadowrun: Hong Kong, the third standalone game in Harebrained Schemes’ critically-acclaimed Shadowrun cRPG series. This Extended Edition adds the all-new, 6+ hr Shadows of Hong Kong Bonus Campaign to the game as a free upgrade - delivering on a funding goal achieved by fans in Harebrained Schemes’ wildly successful Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter. The Extended Edition also adds audio commentary to the game, and a long list of improvements since the game’s initial launch - including new visual effects, updated dialogue, and new editor features (for User-Generated Content). Experience the most impressive Shadowrun RPG yet, hailed as one of the best RPGs and strategy games of 2015!New to Shadowrun: Hong Kong, thanks to our generous Kickstarter Backers:
6+ hour Shadows of Hong Kong bonus campaign -- 100+ minutes of developer commentary audio -- Revamped Matrix art and gameplay -- Illustrated transition animatics -- Enhanced sound and dynamic combat music -- Improved Inventory UI -- All-new Cyberware skill-tree and new Cyberweapons -- Powerful new Foci for spellcasters -- A host of new items, spells, and abilities.
- SHADOWS OF HONG KONG MINI-CAMPAIGN: Set in the weeks following the events of the main campaign, the Shadows of Hong Kong bonus campaign will give you -- and your team -- the opportunity to turn the tables on the elite corporate police force that once hunted you. Through layers of corporate greed and urban strife, you will contend with dangerous enemies, uncover a deadly conspiracy, and cement your reputation as a Prime Runner… assuming that you survive, of course.
- A CLASSIC, STORY-DRIVEN cRPG: Shadowrun: Hong Kong hearkens back to the golden age of computer RPG’s with a novel-like branching narrative full of sharp prose and deep character development. Immerse yourself in a smart, 15+ hour campaign with a diverse cast of all-too-human characters.
- A ONE-OF-A-KIND CYBERPUNK SETTING: Experience the unique "Tech meets Magic" dystopian future of Shadowrun, a fan-favorite game setting now celebrating it’s 25th anniversary. Shadowrun: Hong Kong is a perfect entry point to the setting for those with no prior Shadowrun experience, while providing plenty of classic Shadowrun characters and tech for veteran players to sink their teeth into.
- COMMAND YOUR TEAM: Just like Dragonfall, Shadowrun: Hong Kong features a crew of flawed, dangerous runners with backstories that could only be possible in the tech-meets-magic Shadowrun setting. The members of your team are designed to play contrasting roles during missions, and each has a distinct set of skills, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. Each team member also has challenges to face in their own lives, which you can choose to brush aside or play an important part in.
- GRIPPING, TURN-BASED TACTICAL COMBAT: When you’re running the shadows, every turn matters. Choose your actions wisely - move to better cover, charge into melee, or lob a fireball into a crowd of enemies. With over 200 weapons and spells at your disposal, every turn is filled with meaningful choices.
- SKILL-BASED CHARACTER PROGRESSION: Choose a starting character archetype and build from there! Street Samurai and Physical Adepts use advanced combat skills to dominate the battlefield, Shamans and Mages summon powerful allies and cast deadly spells, while Riggers and Deckers provide critical technological support, projecting their consciousness directly into drones and computer systems. Shadowrun: Hong Kong’s classless skill system allows you to grow your character in any direction you choose.
HistoryAbout Harebrained Schemes
Harebrained Schemes is a small team of passionate game developers led by Jordan Weisman, the creator of Shadowrun, Crimson Skies, BattleTech, MechWarrior, and many other acclaimed game worlds. Founded in 2011, the Seattle-based studio is centered on deep collaboration between seasoned veterans and fresh talent. Titles include Crimson: Steam Pirates (iOS, Chrome, 2011), Strikefleet Omega (iOS, Android, 2012), Shadowrun Returns (Steam and mobile, 2013), Shadowrun: Dragonfall (Steam, 2014); Golem Arcana (Retail, August 2014) and Shadowrun Dragonfall - Directors Cut (Steam, September 2014).
Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition YouTube
Please contact us for any specific image requests.
Logo & Icon
- "This is a game that transcends its name and should be spoken of in the same breath as the genre’s best."
- 4.5/5 – Hardcore Gamer, www.hardcoregamer.com
- "Harebrained has turned out another great campaign for fans, and I highly recommend playing through it if you loved the two previous iterations."
- 4/5 – PC World, www.pcworld.com
- "For gamers who love narrative, Shadowrun provides as good a canvas as any other franchise for action and adventure."
- 5/5 – iDigital Times , www.idigitaltimes.com